12/17/09

Oh my Santa...WHAT DARK EYEBROWS YOU HAVE!


Well isn't this odd? It's always fun to see how many department store/mall Santa's stray from our neat little image of Santa. The kid in Santa's lap probably never noticed. He was just hoping he'd get what was on his list. Of course, beyond Santa's very dark eyebrows, it's just an odd picture that neither Santa nor the kid seem to be in the moment with each other. They're both distracted. The guy is counting the minutes until his break or is completely stoned and the kid is looking at his parents hoping for their approval. I hope they all laughed about this shot years later. I know when I found it at the flea market I laughed and thought "Oh, I have to have this one."

department store Santa_tatteredandlost

Okay, seriously, when I look at this Santa I think Rasputin. Don't ask. That's just how my mind works. I always go for the odd. Also probably the only time "Santa" and "Rasuputin" will end up next to each other in the label section.

2 comments:

  1. Santa *definitely* looks stoned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he probably hasn't heard what's come out of any kids mouth for the last 20 kids.

    ReplyDelete