9/18/14

RUSH HOUR on the 405...


this is not. Did any other donkeys pass going the other way? Imagine a rush hour made up of donkeys bouncing along. I'd like to see lane changes. Would people tailgate? Would you suddenly be aware of another donkey riding too close and think "If I hit the breaks your insurance is going to go up." Let's just say I'm glad I don't need to ride sidesaddle on a donkey to get to TJs.

This is another snapshot taken by Donald G. Schnabel on his trip to Bahrain in January of 1957.


Click on image to see it larger.

3 comments:

  1. Laffs.

    I guess they could waggle a left or right ear for a turn signal (if they bother to use 'em). But the first thought that came to my mind was imagining all the donkey poop if there were an I-405 rush hour car-like density of beasts. Smog versus poop. Can't win can ya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps there would be Highway Poop Patrol. A guy wearing reflective sunglasses would pull you over and say, "Do you know what you just left in the road about a mile back? Why didn't you pull off to the side of the road?"

      Delete