6/2/11

Ernie: FATHER AND CHILD


The more I see of Ernie the more I adore him.

While I was sorting through some of the photos of him last night, getting them ready to post, I had an old Everly Brothers album on. I was transported back to the late '50s and early '60s; Ernie's time period.

He's the young man who would have never made it on Bandstand, but loved going to school dances, but was then too quiet with girls to ask anyone to dance. Then at a young age he fell in love hard, got married, had babies, and wondered what happened. The gold ring passed him by like it does for most of us.


Click on image to see it larger.

Even if Ernie doesn't smile he makes me smile.

2 comments:

  1. SO - what is sitting to Ernie's left? It looks like a gift-wrapped package to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the gift-wraped spit up rag atop an odd armrest. Strange sectional furniture?

    ReplyDelete