7/1/09

A NODDER named Lizzie


I don't actually know this woman's name. I'm calling her Lizzie. She could be a Lizzie or an Edna or a Betty or.... But what she is, if I may be unkind for a moment, is odd looking in this photo. She looks like some seriously bad Photoshopping. Either that or she's a nodder doll. The head, when touched, just bobs up and down in a continuous headache inducing movement. Put a hat on her with a large feather coming out the top and I'm sure she made gentleman caller's eyes cross. I swear I did nothing to this photo. It's a small photo and no, the head is not glued on. That's all her. Cameras don't lie, do they? No special effects. Just very disconcerting. 

stuck on you_tatteredandlost

7 comments:

  1. It's a very modern, even flirty, pose - hip out and one shoulder down - that makes her head look like that. Cat who ate the canary, certainly she was sleeping with the photographer. She can barely contain herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this one's priceless! She actually reminds me quite a bit of WT's grandmother, Hazel. Same time frame, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, she's flirty, but I'm concerned with her physical stability. A moment in time captured where her head looks like it's about to disconnect from her body. And this got me thinking about an ad for a movie that shows a similar problem. I've posted it at my ephemera site. A movie ad for a Ray Milland movie I've never heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she's just doing the old hip-hop, um hum girlfriend move, but I think she's all work up over the photographer. In the meantime, very cool boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I had thought. I could imagine her head swiveling back and forth, being coy while the shot was taken. And yes, those boots are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she's sort of cute ... !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she's cute too. Being coy. But her head looks like it's been badly photoshopped onto her body. Just a general disconnect.

    ReplyDelete