7/3/11

The YOUNG GIRL IN THE BONNET



This is the last of the hand tinted photos. I found this little scrap of paper mixed in a box of snapshots at an antique store. Not regular photo paper; in fact I really don't know what this was printed on, but it shows no dot pattern so it's not a halftone.



Though the paper is damaged, the image is surprisingly intact. All the brush strokes can be seen under my loop, no damage to the little girls face. She most certainly needed rescued from the box before greasy fingers were run across her rosy cheeks.

5 comments:

  1. wow, not your usual portrait. A lot of character in that sidelong glance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is angelic, I love her. Thank you for posting.
    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything on your blog is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute and SWEET !! I would love to know her story.

    ReplyDelete