3/2/11

SITES I LOVE VISITING


Yesterday, Foo, at Foobella, honored me in her post with the Liebster Blog award:
"Some time (in the recent past), somewhere (rumor has it that it might be Germany), someone (I guessing he/she was named Liebster*) decided to do something nice for a whole lot of bloggers and started the Liebster Blog Award.
It’s an award you receive, but it is also an award that you give. If you receive a Liebster Blog Award you are asked to choose 3 other bloggers and send them one as well."
So I will take this moment to thank Foobella and add four blogs I think are very worthy of more traffic.

I’ve chosen to break the rules a bit and feature four vernacular photography sites instead of just three. All worthy of your attention if you like old images.

In alphabetical order they are:

CREATING PICTURES IN MY MIND An always enjoyable and interesting image will be found whether taken by Laurie or from her beautiful collection of glass negatives. A trip around England that will have you longing to do some time traveling.

JACOLETTE A wonderful blog done by a photo-historian and librarian in Dublin, Ireland. Beautiful and poignant images of Ireland from her personal collection.

LOST GALLERY Simply stated, you’ll get lost here for hours looking at all the amazing images he’s collected.

ONE MAN'S TREASURE Stunning images, mostly from Turkey. The added bonus of his writing makes this a site worth visiting. You’ll learn something and be glad you did.

6 comments:

  1. Okay... I got LOST about two hours ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes an alternative universe is the best place to be. Would you like me to throw out some breadcrumbs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for the compliment and the link!

    Nice to be remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your support. You were the first to pick up on the blog and give me a boost! Cheers, Orla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally - I started looking at aircraft in the LOST Gallery, and one thing led to another...

    The next time you go visiting toss a couple of crumbs behind you and I'll gladly tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys do such great jobs with your posts. I hope people come to visit and stay.

    ReplyDelete