2/19/12

ERNIE with his daughter


My time continues to be consumed with caring for my father. A week spent driving back and forth, back and forth each day to the hospital wore me out. The stress of his illness and uncertainty of the future has me thinking back on my childhood and better times.

My father has always been a loving man and my champion.

Here is another photo of Ernie with his daughter. I hope they shared an enduring bond.


Click on the label "Ernie" below to see more posts about Ernie.

4 comments:

  1. The special bond between daughter and father is a mystery to me. My two daughters wanted to grow up to be just like me. I have no idea why. In their fifties, they still call me "daddy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the same as the mother and son bond. I've felt sorry for women I've known who never had the bond with their dads. And yeah, at times I still call my dad daddy. I don't even think about it or how strange it must sound to some people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you're going through, repeating the journey with mom after going through it with my dad. Take care of yourself. Stress takes a serious toll when caring for those we love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, remembering to take care of myself has been difficult. Lack of sleep, not caring about food, all combine to make it harder. Fortunately I have good friends who are there for me.

    ReplyDelete