2/3/12

GEORGE KALLMAN with his dogs


This is my submission to this weeks Sepia Saturday. I'm sorry that I won't be able to fully participate, but I had these photos of George Kallman sitting on my computer for several months and felt he needed to be part of the celebration of men with their dogs.



For those who have read some of my posts from the past you might be familiar with the Kallman name. George Kallman was a schoolteacher who died and nobody wanted his family photos so they were given to me. Click on the tag below, George Kallman, to see some of my previous posts about him, his sister Gladys, and their parents.

13 comments:

  1. I missed George. I'm glad to see him back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome young man. I don't know him, but I can't conceive of why no family member wanted his pictures. That can only be a sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this picture! Thanks for remembering George today.

    God bless,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun photos of happiness and joy and love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black dog is huge - almost as big as George's smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a real pleasure to look at all those Kallman photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures of George with his dog. He looked so happy at the time - wonder who was taking the picture and as I usually do wondering why all those pictures ended up unwanted at the end of his life. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two joyous photos of a man and his dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are fantastic photographs, but I particularly like that second one, the way the lack of depth of field makes his face shine out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that George's photos were not lost...

    Great pics of him and his dogs. Now I have to read your other posts about him.

    Dee at Shakin' the Family Tree

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way he and his dog are standing in the first photo, though the footing looks kind of precarious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a black dog much like the blur in the second photo. A flat coat retriever so black that it was always a shadow in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very handsome young man indeed - and the little dog with the black ears is cute too :-) Jo

    ReplyDelete