8/18/10

The HAPPY FAMILY


Another photo from the henceforth named Three Buck Big Box of Photos. As I said when I first posted about this box, it's not brimming with depth of content. Oh sure, I got a couple cutting the cake shots, the football boy, and a few other minor gems. It's when I dig a little deeper at things that a normal person would toss that I find some interesting dynamics. For instance, take this family...please.

Not a smile in the bunch. Can't help but hear "Don't Worry, Be Happy" in the back of my head as I look at them. I think it's a category. "Bored looking family photo." I think this would be a category easy to find.

Enjoy, because I don't think they did.



And finally, the Happy Family together.

Click on image to feel really happy!

11 comments:

  1. So, you don't think they all burst out laughing after the photo was taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy with the rolled up jeans and the watch either grew up to be gay or an ax-murderer. Actually....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend saw the picture and said it reminded her of photos she'd seen of Gary Gilmore's family. Oh I do hate doing this to these folks. It's an unfortunate photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they merely had little in their lives to smile about? It certainly looks as though they had 'little'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is young Brian, Dennis and Carl Wilson, isn't it? Heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim, I believe you're right. The Beach Boys had pretty unhappy childhoods. I'd say this gang would be more than happy to sing about chasing waves.

    I'm imagining the father is taking the photo and apparently the fam taint to happy with the old man. He just seems to bring out the worst in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They might have all had a big argument and then dad insisted on taking their picture. Eveyone could have been too ticked off to smile!! Poor pathetic looking folks! I hope this was not their usual state of being. :-( Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. It did make me smile..obviously it was a sad day or hot and miserable:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a photo of my husband's family taken right after his dad's funeral service. It's not a very happy photo and I can't imagine why anyone thought to take it, honestly. It's like "hey, I know you just put your dad underground unexpectedly and very young...let's take a picture!"

    Norkio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Norkio, that reminds me of the funeral of my best friend's father. There was a military color guard and at the end of all of it the clearly young new marine looked at all of us and said, "Have a nice day." We all broke up laughing and he turned bright red in his tight uniform collar realizing what he'd just said. We still laugh about it. My friend's father would have loved this silly moment.

    ReplyDelete