4/16/10

TIME passes


It's been a tough week beginning on Monday with a call from a close friend telling me her husband had just died. Completely unexpected. He died in his sleep. I can still hear the animalistic sorrow and pain in her voice when she said my name over and over again before finally saying "Peter's dead." I still haven't been able to wrap my brain around it. It's all so very very sad.

Other personal stress inducing events have kept me away and made me less than chipper and cheerful. I am getting a grasp on those too.

Today's post is from the little envelope of negs. A sitting Setter.


Just a click away from seeing it larger.

Dogs are timeless. It doesn't matter when this shot was taken. Dogs are always in style just as they are. No fashion mistakes unless foisted upon them by their human caretakers. This dog has a collar and a nice stoop. Perhaps a nice field to run in awaited the sitting Setter (or is it a Spaniel?). Let's hope it was much loved and lived a long life doing dog stuff. Can't begrudge a dog doin' dog stuff. The simple joys of life. Left to their own devices they'll always get it right.

7 comments:

  1. I can't imagine getting a call like that. That's awful. My brother did get a call from his best friend's wife though once,telling him that his friend had committed suicide. It makes me cringe just to think about it. I hope there are things to brighten your days in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a complete shock. Peter was a very interesting man who was full of life, great sense of humor, and a hearty laugh. He was an actor with an extensive list of credits. It's so very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping for better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Robert. I'd sort of like to be this dog sitting on the front stoop surveying my domain in the morning sun, wondering what there is out there to chase today before taking a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's tough news. Hope better things arrive in the coming days.

    That’s a fine dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for you stress..

    Love the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks AJ and Eloh. It's just one of those times in life when things converge and make life painful.

    ReplyDelete