4/2/10

APRIL SHOWERS may come your way


I'm in an April Showers kind of mood, both here, and at my ephemera blog where I feature a Langston Hughes poem.


Click on image to see it larger.

April Showers

Life is not a highway strewn with flowers,
Still it holds a goodly share of bliss,
When the sun gives way to April showers,
Here is the point you should never miss.

Though April showers may come your way,
They bring the flowers that bloom in May.
So if it's raining, have no regrets,
Because it isn't raining rain, you know, (It's raining violets,)
And where you see clouds upon the hills,
You soon will see crowds of daffodils,
So keep on looking for a blue bird, And list'ning for his song,
Whenever April showers come along.

And where you see clouds upon the hills,
You soon will see crowds of daffodils,
So keep on looking for a blue bird, And list'ning for his song,
Whenever April showers come along
--Music by Louis Silvers, lyrics by B. G. De Sylva

4 comments:

  1. I used to make fun of Mel Torme and now I realize, after watching this, that I really like him. I'm not sure what that means, but I have a pretty good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine H....

    I used to make fun of Mel Torme and now I realize, after watching this, that I really like him. I'm not sure what that means, but I have a pretty good idea.


    Christine, I always felt Torme was one of those singers it was better to just hear than watch. The voice was warm butter. I saw him once walking around at the Universal Studios amphitheater. I have no idea what concert I was there to see. All I remember is I got to see Mel Torme walk by wearing a turtleneck and something like love beads. That was the highlight of my night.

    (I don't know what is wrong with Google the past few days but they've got something screwy going on. Comments are posted, but never show up. Then later they show up, then they're gone.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this fellow but I think this is lovely. I would have hated him as a kid though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, you didn't have Mel Torme over there? You never heard him sing "The Christmas Song"? You know, "Chesnuts roasting on an open fire..."

    The man could do no wrong with a note. And everything he did was flawless. His voice was just another instrument for the orchestra. He was known as the Velvet Fog.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Tormé

    ReplyDelete