2/25/09

SECOND in line


Hand-me-downs. Sometimes it's clothes. Sometimes it's toys. Whatever it is, you just hope if you're second, third, or whatever in line is that what you get still has some resemblance to what it originally was. In this photo...ummm...not so sure.

dolly_tatteredandlost
Click on image to see it larger.

Body language can say a lot. I think a lot could be said here. The little girl on the right, with her pretty little new looking doll, is keeping her distance from the one on the left with the ummm...the ummmm...what is it that kid's holding? It has legs. It surely has legs, but I don't see a head. Could that explain the smile on that child's face? Does that child have a slightly maniacal laugh? I'm just asking? Me thinks somebody is getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

And yes, I also collect vernacular photographs of children with toys. It's usually little girls with dolls. Little boys usually are holding guns. I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

  1. The girl with the doll is a spitting image of me at that age! And I was always keeping my distance from my little sister, too. Although, I get this is a boy in your photo, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm just not sure. Could be a boy, but there are little puffs of blond hair sticking out. Could be a rowdy howdy little girl. You think your doppelganger is about to make that sucker fly? I'm thinking one of those backwards-over-the-head-bridal-bouquet throws up onto the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He/she is definately up to something - little devil. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/02/2009

    I definitely think the little one is a girl. She enjoys her Amelia Earhart fantasy. She's ready to fly.

    d

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I think you're right. Amelia Earhart! That's who she wanted to be. And yes, she did want to fly. So Willow is on to something here. Flying dolls. Flying children.

    ReplyDelete