1/6/12

Dogs doin' DOG STUFF


Before the holidays I was doing a series of posts about pets. This weeks Sepia Saturday fits right into that category.

I like dogs when they do dog stuff. They’re happy running around sniffing every new smell they can find even if we find what they’ve found to be repugnant. They’re doin' dog stuff.

This little fellow is in a backyard that may seem familiar to people who follow this site. I ran a series of posts showing the dog, kids, a tetherball setup, and some laundry (here, here, and here) last May. They all came from the Three Buck Big Box of Photos. Well, here’s the dog shining again in his own little world. Oh sure, the kids think he’s in their world, but he’s not. Everything he does he does in Dog World. We need to respect Dog World.







Click on any image to see it larger.

And just for the heck of it I'll throw in a rabbit since a girl with a rabbit was the actual Sepia Saturday prompt. I give you Gladys Kallman with a bunny (Gladys is on the left). For reader's of this blog you might remember the Kallman family from last year.

Bunnies live in their own world too, but I've never quite figured it out.


As to the Three Buck Big Box of Photos...you can actually do a Google search of that phrase and you'll see some of the previous shots from the box and a lot of other shots I own not from the box.

14 comments:

  1. I love dog pictures but that last one of the toddlers with the oversized bunny is great. It must have seemed the size of a pony to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The expressions sound so similar, but I hope "a dog's world" isn't like "a dog's life"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a hugh rabbit. I bet it was bigger then the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/07/2012

    I have numerous photos of my dogs through the years doing similar dog things. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rabbit is the size of three bucks. The dogs let us share their world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/07/2012

    That must surely be a hare rather than a bunny - it[s a whopper :-) JO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Either the bunny is very large or the children are very small. The bunny looks to me like he thinks he needs to get away quickly. Cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that photo is a keeper! I am a huge dog fan so I do respect, love and honor the doggies of the world everywhere...it's amazing I have dog friends in places where I don't even know their owners, but I know the dog! Funny right! Man's best friend forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggled with this week's theme and am amazed by how many have photos with bunnies! That last one is a whopper and reminds me of a prank played in Wyoming.

    Folks would take a large hare and a small antelope rack to the taxidermist to create a jack-a-lope. These fictional animals were then displayed in stores and restaurants for the benefit of unsuspecting tourists!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a kid traveling across country many times in the '50s I used to see those jack-a-lope cards and took for granted they were some bizarre form of rabbit. I don't know when I finally asked my folks who looked at me dumbfounded, worried they were raising a kid with an IQ close to that of a bush.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek -- that's one big rabbit. Fun post though. Keep doing that writer stuff -- it's fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dogs and a rabbit. And what a rabbit!. I agree with Wendy - keep doing that blog stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the dog, love the bunny!!
    And it is true that we need to respect our pets for what they are.
    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete