12/10/14

Taking the train for some MEXICALI BEER


I'm not even sure where I bought this snapshot which shows, I'm guessing, some American folk in Mexico for a little Mexicali Beer. The one sign says "Cantina Pullman Buffet" so I presume a day trip to Mexico by train was common.


Click on image to see it larger.

If we get the kind of rain in the next 24 hours that's been predicted I might not need a train to get to Mexico. I might be able to just step out my front door and float there. I'm not complaining. I'm loving the rain. I'm even loving watching my yard become its own little flood zone.

UPDATE: Here's a link to a postcard which puts this photo into perspective showing the surrounding area. Thank you Intense Guy!

http://thebarefootphotographer.blogspot.com/2010/02/from-barefoot-files.html
_________________

to find the perfect gifts for those hard to buy for friends.


Volume 6 available now!
 Tattered and Lost: The Quiet Art of Reading

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a place that profited from the prohibition laws in the US.
    Is rain a category yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two days without rain, but they say it is coming back, but not with a vengeance. We shall be the judge of that.

      I bet you're correct about the cross the border drinky poos.

      Delete
  2. I found an old postcard showing the Mexicali Beer Garden in this photo is in Tijuana - just over the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if it might be in Tijuana. Thanks for confirming it.

      Delete
    2. http://thebarefootphotographer.blogspot.com/2010/02/from-barefoot-files.html

      Delete