5/7/13

Hair TORTURE


When I see little girls with the hairdo on the right I have certain visceral reactions.

First...the pain. The physical pain involved to get the hair to do this.

Secondly...I'm already convinced she herself was a pain. Maybe it's too many old movies, but when little girls had this hairdo, if they weren't Shirley Temple, they were bad. Bad to the core. They broke things. They connived against anyone they thought crossed them. By the end of the movie they'd had their comeuppance and were now on the straight and narrow, even if their hair wasn't.

11 comments:

  1. Nellie, "Little House on the Prairie"...
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! That's it exactly!

      Delete
    2. As soon as you said you suspected them to be mean girls, I thought of Nellie!!
      :D~

      Delete
    3. And you nailed it perfectly. I could see a faint image, but couldn't quite get it.

      Delete
    4. TV was my best friend as a kid...
      sadly!!!
      :D~

      Delete
    5. How often did your folks say, "Don't sit so close! DON'T SIT SO CLOSE!" I can still hear them saying this to my back.

      Delete
    6. Indeed!!!
      same here!!!
      :D~

      Off to bed now!!
      getting up real early...
      See ya!!
      :)~
      HUGZ

      Delete
  2. To get those curls - stinking solution and wound up on curlers that were then plugged into and electrical machine with wheels. I was in the 5th grade (1941) and decided if there were a fire, I could unplug it and roll out the door. Very scary. Also very smelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are braver than I would have been. I've seen photos of those machines and thought they looked a little too Frankenstein-ish. I still can't stand the smell of hair salons.

      Delete
  3. And not to mention the double trouble with having two bows too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bows really pull the whole look together. And the final bit of physical pain too.

      Delete