8/23/11

SUMMERTIME: Part 13


Summertime is meeting friends on a warm day at the swimming hole beneath trees covered in Spanish moss. Your senses will create a memory you can return to for the rest of your life.


Click on image to see it larger.




On the back of this photo is written:

Swimming Hole
1945
Florida

I'm guessing there's a sign on the banks saying "Watch out for gators and water moccasins." Mind you, I'm just guessing and my guess is based on nothing more than the stories my mother told me about living in Banana River, Florida in the 1940s.

3 comments:

  1. Those critters might take the fun out of a refreshing summer dip. Such a foreign concept for us northerners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my mother talking about how scared she was to go out back to hang up the laundry. Neighbors warned her to not let the dog get too close to the water because of the gators and to watch out for the snakes in the water and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And again, the sheer pleasure of being taken for a stroll through an old photograph with you. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete