9/7/16

SQUEAK Chained


I always have a problem when I see an animal chained. Yes, I know, in some cases it's far safer for them than to be allowed to roam loose, but it feels so horribly wrong. Little Squeak should have never been a pet and chained in a garden. I feel sorry for Squeak when I see this.


But now the song "Unchained Melody" keeps running through my head. Did Squeak have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Poor Squeak. This post is not going in the direction I thought it would.



Cheers Squeak. Let's hear it for unchained monkey.
_____

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sing unchained monkey, sing!

    Squeak looks like a Capuchin monkey which is native to the lowland forests of Central and South America. Most likely he was picked up by a sailor whose ship was passing through the Panama Canal. For many years I lived in the Norfolk/Portsmouth area of Virginia and passed by the shipyards often. I'm pretty sure there are local ordinances requiring all monkeys to be kept in barrels. They're easier to stack that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that just made my day. Thanks for the smile.

      Delete