4/21/14

JUMBLED MESS for a Buckaroo and Buckarette


Mike Brubaker from TempoSenzaTempo made a comment yesterday about the image of the boy playing with his fort, indians, and cowboys. The problem he pointed out was that the toys always ended up in a jumbled mess with a little "cross pollination" going on with all the little plastic figures. I think the photo below illustrates his point. This image did not make it into Tattered and Lost: Buckaroos and Buckarettes.


Click on image to see it larger.

4 comments:

  1. I see dinosaurs, cowboys, army men, telephone poles, race cars. I think that's my stuff! Or a reasonable facsimile. I bet the Giant Butler in the background (holding an ashtray maybe?) played a part too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The omnipotent butler. Probably had a special ray beam out of his eye to control all of it. Need to get those 50s sic-fi movies involved somehow.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh... do you have any boys with "Hot Wheels" cars? Now that was something I did to while away the rainy day hours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but no. I tend to not collect images past the mid-60s. I do however still have MY Hot Wheels track and cars in the attic. Yes, it's true. I collected them at some gas station back in the 60s and kept them at my families cabin to while away the hours when my friends and I got snowed in. Yelling "LOSER! LOSER!" was part of the experience.

      Delete