7/25/16

A TREAT on a Summer Day


A cold sweet watermelon on a hot day IS summer. Sitting in the shade relaxing with family and friends after a picnic lunch is perfection.

If you've been to my site before you know I like the idea of people getting together to share food. With that sharing we create memories which will hopefully last a lifetime.

So remember to spend a few moments this summer bringing back past memories and be thankful for them.


Click on image to see it larger.



This is a recently purchased photo; bought it for a buck. I wish I'd had it when I put together Tattered and Lost: Cakes, Picnics, and Watermelon.
_____

4 comments:

  1. The kid looks like one of those illustrations pasted onto a fruit box, though I don't think watermelons were ever wrapped in green tissue and packed for shipping a dozen to Pittsburgh. And I've got watermelon in my fridge right now. Mind you it's one of those newfangled seedless mini-melons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's sweet. I am buying a large one tomorrow for a picnic. It will be really disappointing if it's just juicy but not sweet.

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I do love watermelon! And so does this boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend looked at the shot and said, "Hmmm, pizza." She was joking, but I'm guessing a lot of people today would think the same thing.

      Delete