2/20/13

ROCKING HORSE all night long


Did you have a rocking horse as a child? I know I had one because there is a photo of me sitting on it grasping the reins with one hand, one hand thrown over my shoulder as if riding a bronco, a paper crown on my head (part of a birthday card which I still have), and a big smile. I don’t know what ever became of that horse. I don’t even remember it. I do have memories of the spring loaded monsters that you bounced and rocked on. If you got going really good on one of those you could turn it into a ride that had your parents saying, “Slow down! Slow down!” I remember doing this, but I don’t know if I had one of these horses or if I just went nuts on a neighbors horse. If you were to put one of those horses in front of me today I’d probably do the same thing only now I’d be saying to myself in that little voice that fears falling, “Slow down you stupid old woman!”

And if this little fellow looks familiar it's because he's from the Three Buck Big Box of Photos.


Click on image to see it larger.

3 comments:

  1. Yes. Yes and Ha:-} Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/30/2013

    hahah, yeah, I hjad one of those as a child myself. I think the spriong horse was one of my favorite toys as a child. I used to get on it, every chance I got. I used to get crazy on my spring horse. From time to time, I still think back on it, and think it's be sort of fun to do all over again, hahaha. From time to time, I look on the internet to see if there are any larger sized hobby spring horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be grand if they made them in adult size? The newest cardio craze. I can imagine a room in a gym with everyone decked out in their stylish gym gear all riding big spring horses. Actually, I think they'd probably be pretty darn good for exercise. And A LOT OF FUN!

      Delete