11/18/16

AN AMERICAN DREAM


For years I've looked at vintage photographs of families standing in front of their homes from long ago. They have always fascinated me. The people are immediately put into the context of their lives. You understand a little bit more about them.

My newest book, Tattered and Lost: An American Dream, is about houses and the people who lived within. From grand houses to one room buildings on a prairie, the people that lived inside are fascinating. The variety of architecture is fascinating.

This book is different from my previous books because each spread is dedicated to one photo only. On the verso page is an enlargement of the people in the photo, the recto shows the full photo.

There are a lot of stories here to be told.






_____

2 comments:

  1. I think I know what to get my mom for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she likes it. My dad was entranced with it and said it was his favorite.

      Delete