1/5/16

It's TEA TIME IN SCOTLAND


The only information I have about this real photo postcard is that it's from Scotland and belonged to my grandmother. One of the few things she brought with her to California. Imagine this in her suitcase as she came through Ellis Island.


Click on image to see it larger.

It's tea time for sure, but for what purpose? Was this during the war? I'm guessing it was and perhaps my grandmother knew someone in the photo. No idea where this was actually taken, but it was in the same bundle of cards that contained this one I posted on December 11th.

Just look at that sponge cake on the plate. I'd have happily taken a piece. They do look a bit like the downstairs crew from Downton.
___________


Tattered and Lost: Forgotten Dolls

This one is for those who love dolls!
Snapshots from the last 100+ years of children and adults with dolls. 

2 comments:

  1. From what little I've been able to find about C. A. Stall, they may have been associated with a lot of Church charities -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that would make sense since my grandparents were quite involved in a little church where both my great-grandfather and grandfather sang.

      Delete