1/16/10

Vintage CAT VALENTINE


There's a storm coming, actually a series of storms. If they're as bad as they say...and really, I rarely trust weather reports...I will probably lose my internet connection via satellite most of the week. So I'm rushing around trying to get work done, uploads, downloads, whatever load I can bear. And one of my priorities is getting items into my CafePress shop. So that's why I haven't been posting fun new odd items the past few days. I've started speaking like Dick and Jane, "Hurry! Hurry! Fast! Fast!"

I introduce to you the most recent item for sale at Tattered and Lost Ephemera Gift Shop. This is my take on a vintage early 20th-Century mechanical Valentine, originally made in Germany. Those who've been around here before might have seen this same cat posted last year as an animated file. The little cat rolls its eyes and sticks out its tongue. This year I've put it on a piece of lace that belonged to my grandmother.

The next items for sale will be a lot less romantic and a lot more snarky. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Snarky, one of my favorite words. And my word verification today is CRYIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm so fond of snark too. And you won't believe this, but the piece I'm working on right now is called...CRYING! I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete