6/22/16

Did He PLAY THE PIANO?


At some point in the past I featured this fellow, but now I can't find the post. No problem; I have two more photos of him. I'm fascinated by his left hand. Such thin fingers. Did he play the piano? He has the hands for it; or at least a left hand for it. He has the hair for it. Can't you just imagine him striking the keys madly while his hair flies around? Or perhaps his hair didn't move. It is a strange hairdo.



As to what "Deluxe Centralia" means embossed on the card...don't have a clue. Any ideas?
_____

8 comments:

  1. It really is a magnificent photo - and that hand is quite fascinating. I would love to be able to see his other hand (will it be the same?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post the next photo and finally found the link for the first. I'm afraid we'll never see much of his right hand; mainly knuckles.

      Delete
  2. The two words are in different fonts so maybe it means Deluxe Studio of Centralia, PA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Intense Guy are heading in the same direction so there must be something to this idea. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Cwntralia is a remarkable coal-mining town in Pennsylvania - where the mine caught fire 50 plus years ago and it is still burning today. It's almost a ghost town now.

    He doesn't look like what I would think of as a coal miner though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Centralia sounded familiar, but I'm really only familiar with southern and central Pennsylvania where my maternal family is from. and you and AnyJazz have come to the same conclusion so I'm going with it.

      Delete
  4. There is a Centralia in Washington as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e right! I'd forgotten about that. Brain fog all the time lately.

      Delete