10/1/15

PIN THE TAIL…Hey, Wait a Minute


I had this donkey. I had the very same donkey and I remember playing it several times at my birthday parties. Now I'm wondering whatever became of that hole ridden piece of paper. I loved the donkey. He was so happy. So happy to have blindfolded kids nailing him with thumbtacks.

I'm sure there are others out there that also fondly remember this donkey.


Click on image to see it larger.

I'm really bummed to think my donkey got tossed. Not nice to toss a donkey.

6 comments:

  1. Not nice at all. Even donkeys full of pin holes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think the wall suffered far more than the donkey since we'd wander aimlessly hunting for the donkey, blindfolds tightly on, arms outstretched with tail in hand.

      Delete
  2. I remember wondering - wouldn't this hurt the donkey? Even at age five-something I recognized that sticking a tack into a donkey's hind end could be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as long as you don't stand behind him so you're not in the kicking zone...

      Delete
  3. I too, had a donkey with pinholes. If he was still around, he would be yellowed with age. My mom saved the odest things. He might be still with us in a box in an attic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother threw everything out as soon as she could. She even threw away my favorite doll. Came home from school and my best friend was in the dumpster across the street. I never got over it.

      Delete