5/2/14

Must have been AN INTERESTING NEIGHBORHOOD


Another house from long ago Minnesota. Was this style of house painting done by lots of people in Minnesota or just a particular neighborhood. I find it fascinating.


Click on image to see it larger.

I also finding it fascinating that none of these houses (I'm including the one from a previous post) have railings on their front steps. Now, I know it gets icy in Minnesota and those are cement steps. Wouldn't a railing make sense? What do I know, I live in California.


Click on image to see it larger.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps the local building supply store had a great special on pink paint. As for the lack of handrail, after 3 feet of snow there are no more steps to worry about. And now that I think of it, maybe the pink color helps to find the front door in a blizzard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mike is on to something there. With a "base" of snow, you might even have to step down into the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to laugh about the railings, pretty much code these days, with a height like that! Ouch little ones beware! I bet this was a model house of sorts, where sometimes they offer various ideas for new house. I know a builder right now, who has on the side of his garage various types of choices, from stone to wood, for buyers to gaze upon!

    ReplyDelete