6/5/12

PARASOLS, like I said...THEY'RE A CATEGORY


There's just something about a parasol that makes the person holding it smile when their photo is taken. The lovely paper parasols decorated with delicate images are something to smile about. The perfect accessory on a warm day.


Click on image to see it larger.

So why haven't parasols been made with collapsable handles like umbrellas? There are times each year when I go to some event and take along an umbrella because I just can't stand the sun; we don't get along at all. Too often umbrellas draw heat instead of dissipating it. A parasol would be so much nicer. And in my case I want a paper parasol, not fabric. I want something a Geisha would be happy to carry. I won't go into it, part of my childhood.

I declare today BBP day! BRING BACK PARASOLS!

Oh sure, watching some idiot walking and texting while trying to control a parasol is just courting disaster so perhaps people should be licensed to carry a parasol. Just something to think about.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. And what better person to bring them back than you. You could make some beautiful creative designs and have a bunch made--collapsible, of course. I'd buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't think we should hold our breaths for that happening, nice thought though it is.

    ReplyDelete