2/15/11

The girl who LOVED HER DOG and HER ROLMONICA


Raise your hand if you recall the post about the girl with her Rolmonica. I see one hand. Oh, wait...that's mine. No bother, I shall tally forth with this post.

On July 19, 2009 I posted a photo of this girl shown below playing a most peculiar "instrument" that had me baffled. I had to do a little digging around the net-therlands to discover it was called a Rolmonica. You can see the post "Take my picture with my Rolmonica" here. I will say nothing more about the Rolmonica. Once in a lifetime is sufficient for posting about Rolmonicas.



Click on image to see it larger.

I now give you another dimension to her personality. She loved a dog. Was it her dog? No way of knowing. Nothing written on the back. Who she is will remain unknown, but she will be known for her two passions: playing her Rolmonica and loving a dog. All 'n' all probably not a bad way to be remembered through time.

2 comments:

  1. I think with those boots we can also guess that she rode horses or at the very least a pony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I've always figured this was a family that came through the Depression with money in their pockets. Life was on one level good to them.

    ReplyDelete