8/1/10

Watermelon eating BEACH GALS


Okay, there's no evidence here of eating watermelon, but I have proof these woman did indeed eat watermelon on this beach. In this earlier post, BEACH PARTY with watermelon, we see them all chomping away on the juicy red fruit.

Click on image to see it larger.

This is from the infamous, in my mind, Big Bag of Negs. And dare I say that I found more photos of them eating watermelon. I've told you, it's a category. I must collect. Perhaps I will eventually corner the market. They'll all be mine. MINE I TELL YOU! ALL MINE!

Let's see, that's people eating watermelon, pigs eating watermelon, people on horses not real, looming shadows (far too commonly collected), did I mention watermelon? I say find a category and specialize. Specialization is where the money is.

Don't believe a word of what I'm saying. For cryin' out loud I know nothing! I mean, I have one photo of a pig eating watermelon and have decided to make it a category!

9 comments:

  1. Doesn't matter, it's enough for me. I am now convinced that if I eat watermelon I will have legs like that. I'm off to the store in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all the rage. The Palm Beach watermelon diet. Plus when you sit keep your thighs elevated so they don't squish out when sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want watermelon legs too..these are some good looking skinny women:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of my mother at that age. Lovely. I have found myself looking through photos in vintage shops wondering about their stories. I am happy to have found your site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SW, so you have the fatal itch of wanting to know. Welcome. So many faces of people long gone disconnected from their history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post! What about Saddle Shoes? Now there's a category!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saddle shoes! Good one. I do not have any of those that I can think of. Well, there are a few class photos with saddle shoes, but ...oh wait...I have one of a woman standing next to a fallen tree that landed on top of a car. She is wearing saddle shoes. Of course that might just as well be in the crushed car category. Same photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know one! How about photographs with multiple categories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, I believe we could create some categories that would be so mind numbingly strange that we could possibly be the only people to have anything to fit in the said category. It would once again enable me to keep relatives at a distance because they'd be so unsure whether or not I'd snap at any moment. Mind you I can do this with a straight face and have them believing anything.

    I can imagine a book. "Confused Categories for Those Who See the Point."

    ReplyDelete