11/24/09

WORKIN' the hats


Hats. 

Hats made a statement. Now usually it's men wearing caps. Baseball caps. Baseball caps backwards. It's probably just me, but the whole baseball hat backwards makes me cross my eyes and think half-assed backwards indeed. A few decades ago if you wore your hat like that you were labeled a fool and people stayed clear of you. Now it's the fashion. A stupid fashion. There's a reason a baseball cap has a brim and it isn't to shield your neck. But like I said...that's just me. 

My other gripe are families that come walking into a nice restaurant all wearing baseball caps and they never take them off. They all sit there looking like doofusses in their caps. Again, in this case I know it's not just me, but there was a time men took their hats off when they went inside. Women didn't because women's hats were far more problematic. Exhibit A is below. His cap comes off easily and I'm sure when he went inside he immediately had it in his hand. It was respectful. Oh well. 

Hats. 

This lady is workin' hers. And her suit. Quite a fancy tailored number for strolling in the woods with friends. But wait, you haven't seen the rest of them. Stay tuned.

seriously working some hat_tatteredandlost

3 comments:

  1. Similar to the hat I liked yesterday but simply more fabulous. And by the way, the reason they don't take off their baseball caps is their messed up hair and the funny red marks on their foreheads.(I had a boss who was one of them and got belligerent over the issue.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course, you're right. That red imprint on their forehead. If they'd wear like it's meant to be worn they wouldn't have that telltale doofus red buckle mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but consider the source.

    ReplyDelete