3/27/09

Somewhere ON THE BACKLOT


It's an incredibly beautiful spring day here and I'd like to be outside. And I'd like to be a kid taking full advantage of the day in a way only a kid can. For some reason I keep having the theme song from the tv show "Little House on the Prairie" looping through my brain. I see the credits with the little girl running down the hill amongst the wild flowers. And then I found this photo in my filing cabinet. 

When I first bought this vernacular photograph I remember thinking it looked staged, they looked like actors, certainly from "Little House..." which of course they're not. It all looked so perfect. I don't know if it's a school house or post office. Probably post office. For some reason the photo relaxes me. I think of this group gathering in the midday sun for the photo in a small town. No hustle, no bustle, no modern age. People tied to the seasons and the sun in the sky, not to a computer. I think that wicker chair is for me. See you later.

litte town_tatteredandlost
Click on image to see it larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment